ACLU NW Civil Liberties Conference presented by the ACLU of Oregon, L&C Law School ACLU Student Group, and the Oregon Justice Resource Center
The fourth annual conference brings together law students, legal professionals and civil libertarians from around the region to explore current civil liberties issues.
Keynote: Mass Incarceration: Race, Justice and Jim Crow (CLE)
Vanita Gupta is Deputy Legal Director of the ACLU and Director of the ACLU’s Center for Justice, which houses the organization’s criminal justice reform, prisoners’ rights, and capital punishment work. She is leading the ACLU’s National Campaign to End Overincarceration. In addition, Vanita is an adjunct clinical professor at NYU School of Law, where she teaches and oversees a racial justice litigation clinic.
Continuing legal education (CLE) credits pending - TBD
- Marijuana Reform and the War on Drugs
- Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Big Brother is Watching
- Can We Have Police Accountability
Learn more about the 2013 ACLU NW Civil Liberties Conference here.
Read more about past conferences:
- 2012 ACLU NW Civil Liberties Conference (CLE) featuring Cecillia Wang, Director of the ACLU Immigrants' Rights Project
- 2011 ACLU NW Civil Liberties Conference (CLE) featuring National ACLU Legal Director Steve Shapiro (Friday - Saturday, October 28-29, 2011)
- The 2010 ACLU Northwest Civil Liberties Conference offered 7.25 General and 2 Access to Justice CLE credits. The inaugural conference was very successful with over 150 participants.